GEAR UP Kentucky

GEAR UP Scholars

GU Scholar logo
What is a GEAR UP Scholar?

If you are a GEAR UP Kentucky high school senior, you will become a GEAR UP Scholar Path Student once you declare your intention to participate in postsecondary education after you graduate from high school. (Postsecondary education refers to any education completed after high school, whether it be a certificate program or a 2-year or 4-year college or university.)

If you attend one of GEAR UP Kentucky's nine partner postsecondary institutions after high school, you will become a GEAR UP Scholar. (These partner institutions are: Bluegrass Community & Technical College, Eastern Kentucky University,  Elizabethtown Community & Technical College, Gateway Community & Technical College, Kentucky State University, Maysville Community & Technical College, Morehead State University, Northern Kentucky University and University of Kentucky.)

As a GEAR UP Scholar, you will receive services from GEAR UP Kentucky that will help you successfully transition to and through your first year of college. GEAR UP Kentucky services will be provided through your college's designated GEAR UP Kentucky Postsecondary Transition Coordinator (PTC). 

GEAR UP Kentucky PTCs

Tony Bartley headshot
Tony Bartley
Meet Tony!

Bluegrass Community & Technical College
Eastern Kentucky University

Channing Lawson headshot
Channing Lawson
Meet Channing!

Gateway Community & Technical College
Northern Kentucky University
University of Louisville

Randall Hampton headshot
Randall Hampton
Meet Randall!
Elizabethtown Community & Technical College
Kentucky State University

Amy Tobin
Amy Tobin
Meet Amy!
Maysville Community & Technical College
Morehead State University
Student Transition Guide

GEAR UP Scholars Transition Guide

Click on the above image to view the GEAR UP Scholars Transition Guide, which provides month-by-month task lists (April-August) to help you figure out what you need to do to prepare for college in the fall. It also provides information about who to turn to when you need assistance at college.