GEAR UP Student Ambassadors
GEAR UP Student Ambassadors participate in a session at the 2019 Institute for a College-Going Culture.
Why become a GEAR UP Student Ambassador?
When you are a GEAR UP Student Ambassador, you get to do LOTS of things, including:
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Help others
- Build your resume
- Have fun
- Make friends from other schools
There are 3 types of GEAR UP Student Ambassadors:
- GUK Ambassadors serve as local representatives of GEAR UP and engage others in service to their local community. 9th and 12th grade GUK students can apply to be GUK Ambassadors.
- Peer Mentors are 12th graders who help 9th grade students build resilience through the use of mentoring activities.
- Peer Tutors are 12th graders who are paid to help 9th grade students build academic skills. (Only 2 positions available per high school.)
Interested? Complete your online application today!